Where Can I Rent Outdoor Patio Heaters? Quick Ideas For Renting Patio Heaters
As the weather cools down and the temperature drops, it becomes increasingly difficult to spend time outdoors. Whether you’re planning a backyard barbecue, a wedding reception, or a corporate event, outdoor patio heaters can make all the difference in making your guests comfortable and warm. However, not everyone has the budget or the storage space to buy their own patio heaters. In this case, renting outdoor patio heaters is the perfect solution.
Here’s where you can rent outdoor patio heaters:
- Home improvement stores: Major home improvement stores such as Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Ace Hardware often offer rental services for outdoor patio heaters. You can rent either propane or natural gas heaters by the day, week, or month. Some stores may even offer delivery and pick-up services for an additional fee.
- Party rental companies: Party rental companies specialize in providing rental equipment for events of all kinds. They usually have a wide selection of outdoor patio heaters available for rent, including standing and tabletop models. You can typically rent these heaters by the hour, day, or week.
- Equipment rental companies: Equipment rental companies such as United Rentals and Sunbelt Rentals also offer outdoor patio heaters for rent. These companies usually have a larger selection of heaters, including commercial-grade models that can heat larger areas. You can rent these heaters by day, week, or month.
- Online rental marketplaces: Online rental marketplaces such as Rent.com and Zilok allow individuals and businesses to rent out their unused outdoor patio heaters to others. These marketplaces connect renters with owners, making it easier to find a heater that fits your specific needs. You can typically rent these heaters by the day or week.
Things to consider when renting outdoor patio heaters
- Type of heater: Propane and natural gas heaters are the most common types of outdoor patio heaters. Propane heaters are portable and don’t require a gas line, while natural gas heaters are stationary and require a gas line. Make sure you choose the type of heater that works best for your event and space.
- Size and number of heaters: The size of the space you need to heat will determine the size and number of heaters you need. You don’t want your guests to be too cold or too hot, so make sure you choose the right size and number of heaters.
- Safety features: Outdoor patio heaters can be dangerous if not used properly. Make sure the rental company provides heaters with safety features such as automatic shut-off valves and tilt sensors.
- Delivery and set-up: Some rental companies offer delivery and set-up services, while others require you to pick up the heaters yourself. Make sure you know the rental company’s policies regarding delivery and set-up before renting.
Where Is The Best Place To Put A Patio Heater?
When it comes to placing a patio heater, there are a few things to consider to ensure optimal warmth and safety. Here are some tips on where to place your patio heater:
- Choose a flat and stable surface: It’s important to choose a flat and stable surface for your patio heater. Avoid placing it on uneven ground or on a slope to prevent the heater from tipping over.
- Keep it away from combustible materials: Patio heaters produce heat, so it’s important to keep them away from combustible materials such as outdoor furniture, plants, and decorations. Make sure there is enough clearance around the heater to prevent any accidents.
- Avoid windy areas: Patio heaters work best in areas with low wind. Wind can blow away the heat and make it difficult for the heater to keep up. If it’s windy, try to find a sheltered area for your patio heater.
- Keep it away from children and pets: Patio heaters can be hot to the touch, so it’s important to keep them away from children and pets. Make sure they are placed in an area that is not easily accessible to children and pets.
- Consider the direction of the heat: Patio heaters typically emit heat in a specific direction. Consider where you want the heat to go and position the heater accordingly. For example, if you want the heat to go towards a seating area, place the heater in that direction.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions: Every patio heater is different, so make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for placement and use. This will ensure that you are using the patio heater safely and effectively.
Overall, the best place to put a patio heater is on a flat and stable surface, away from combustible materials, in a low wind area, and out of reach of children and pets. By following these tips and the manufacturer’s instructions, you can enjoy a warm and safe outdoor space.
How Many Hours Will Patio Heater Run?
The number of hours that a patio heater will run depends on several factors, including the type of fuel used, the heat output of the heater, and the size of the propane or natural gas tank. Here are some general guidelines on how long a patio heater will run:
- Propane patio heaters: Propane patio heaters typically use 20-pound propane tanks, which can run for around 8 to 10 hours on high heat and up to 20 hours on low heat. However, the actual run time may vary depending on the heat output of the heater and the outdoor temperature.
- Natural gas patio heaters: Natural gas patio heaters are usually connected to a natural gas line, which provides a continuous supply of fuel. These heaters can run for as long as they are connected to the gas line.
- Electric patio heaters: Electric patio heaters are plugged into an electrical outlet and can run as long as they are connected to a power source. However, the actual run time may depend on the wattage of the heater and the cost of electricity.
It’s important to note that running a patio heater for extended periods can be expensive, especially if using propane. Additionally, running a patio heater for long periods of time can also be harmful to the environment due to carbon emissions. For this reason, it’s recommended to only use a patio heater when necessary and to turn it off when it’s not being used.
Renting outdoor patio heaters is a great way to make your outdoor event comfortable and enjoyable for your guests. By considering the type of heater, size and number of heaters, safety features, and delivery and set-up options, you can find the perfect outdoor patio heaters for your event.